Monday, January 18, 2016

God's Many Methods

I love absolutely everything about these people here.

In the district I currently serve, our lower area is called "Fonton".  I love this area and I could see myself living there. A worker from SOS stopped Sister Rasmussen and me in the street this past week and asked if we would be interested in seeing their SOS office in Fonton. "SOS", an organization working here is Cape Verde to help better family life, is interested in our missionary work. Their work is right up my interest alley and so we said yes. She showed us around and explained what they are trying to do. SOS has several stations on this island and within this one station, they have chosen 35 proactive, but needy families with which to serve.  This selection is based on a survey of who could benefit from their help to boost them out of hard situations.

After talking with these workers for a bit about the Family Proclamation, our purpose here as missionaries, and the success we have been seeing in Fonton (they were in shock when we told them we had a good handful of people in Fonton going to 8:30 a.m. church with us), they asked if we could have an activity with several of their families from their program. Um... YES. So this next week we are going to be planning a Family Night, and SOS will be providing the families – a new partnership in looking for ways to better these families’ lives.

The church is true and God works in mysterious ways.

Love,

Sister Hanzel

My good friend Heriana (far left) from my first area visited me this past week


No comments:

Post a Comment